Our clinic offers Traditional Chinese Medicine for patients that need support in their journey to conception. Whether you are using Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) or not, acupuncture has proven to be beneficial in increasing the chances of pregnancy.
Conditions Treated include:
• Unexplained Infertility
• Advanced Maternal Age
• Male Factor
• Luteal Phase Defect
• High FSH
• IVF Poor Responders
• IVF Implantation Failure
• Recurrent Pregnancy Losss
• Uterine Fibroids
• ART complementary enhancement
• Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Services for Fertility:
• Pre & Post Embryo Transfer Acupuncture (optional home visit for post)
• Custom blended phasic herbal formulation
• Ovulation stimulation
• Nutritional Counseling & Lifestyle recommendations
• Saliva Testing
• Functional Medicine
BBT Chart - clickhere to download a PDF chart that you can print
Fertility Diet by Acubalance. An excellent online resource for the optimal fertility eating plan
Pre-Seed lubricant - fertility friendly lubricant that is not toxic to sperm
Conception Kit - An effective and non-invasive method of improving pregnancy rates
RESEARCH ON ACUPUNCTURE AND FERTILITY
Paulus Study - "Influence of acupuncture on the pregnancy rate in patients who undergo assisted reproduction therapy."
click here to read
Stener-Victorin Study - "Reduction of blood flow impedance in the uterine arteries of infertile women with electro-acupuncture"
Manheimer & Zhang - "Effects of acupuncture on rates of pregnancy and live birth among women undergoing in-vitro fertilization: systematic review and meta-analysis"
How Does Acupuncture help improve fertility?
1. Acupuncture balances and normalizes the hormones and endocrine system that govern ovulation.
2. Acupuncture can regulate the menstrual cycle
3. Acupuncture reduces stress and anxiety, and takes the body out of "fight-or-flight" mode. Hormones and chemicals that are secreted during stress can significantly decrease fertility.
4. Acupuncture promotes blood flow to the uterus and reproductive organs
5. Acupuncture reduces inflammation and can modulate the immune response which is important with auto-immune infertility disorders.
Cynthia is a member of:
ABORM - American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine
and has studied/trained with the following physicians and reproductive acupuncturists:
Meredith Qian, MD (China), LAc, OMD